Today's seminar will feature a talk by Samuel Watson from MIT. Sam will tell us about interactions between CLE and GFF (full title and abstract below).  See you this afternoon!

Seminar Time & Location: 3:30pm in MSB 109A

Title: A conformally invariant metric on the Gaussian free field loops

Abstract:

We will discuss an exploration process, introduced by Wendelin Werner and Hao Wu, in which conformal loop ensemble (CLE(kappa)) loops grow uniformly from the boundary of a domain. We relate this process in the case kappa = 4 to the set of level loops of the zero-boundary Gaussian free field, and we use this point of view to show that the exploration process is a deterministic function of the CLE loops. We describe how this gives rise to a conformally invariant metric on CLE(4), which we conjecture can be given a natural geometric interpretation.

Based on joint work with Scott Sheffield and Hao Wu.

Current & Upcoming Seminar Talks

          May 1 - Samuel Watson (MIT)
          May 8 - Hao Wu (MIT)

--

Dr. Matthew Badger, Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, University of Connecticut

www.math.uconn.edu/~badger/