Today is the final seminar for the (academic) year.  Hao Wu from MIT will give a talk about intersections of SLE curves.  See you this afternoon!

Seminar Time & Location: 3:30pm in MSB 109A

Title: Intersection of SLE Paths

Abstract:

SLE curves are introduced by Oded Schramm as the candidates of the scaling limit of discrete models. In this talk, we first describe basic properties of SLE curves and their relation with discrete models. Then we summarize the Hausdorff dimension results related to SLE curves, in particular the new results about the dimension of cut points and double points.  Third we introduce Imaginary Geometry and from there give the idea of the proof of the dimension results.

Current & Upcoming Seminar Talks

          May 8 - Hao Wu (MIT)

          Summer Vacation

--

Dr. Matthew Badger, Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, University of Connecticut

www.math.uconn.edu/~badger/