I just got upgraded to a windows 7 machine and I found a very helpful function. Maybe you all know this already but I was excited and wanted to share.

You can open a folder in file explorer and in the right hand pane & select any number of files.  If you hit shift and right click you can chose “Copy As Path” and paste the names of the files into an excel spreadsheet.

In the past I’ve used a .bat file that would make a text file of the directory but it took a lot of work to get the data into a clean excel file.  It also would do the whole directory, I couldn’t avoid all the .ovr/.xml files from maps that had been georefrenced.  We recently just got a bunch more maps scanned and those will be placed into the main folder, potentially messing up my tracking spreadsheet so this function is going to be very handy for me.

Hope this helps!

Meg McGaffin

GIS Analyst

City of Milford, CT