Hello ERM Colleagues!

I (Burke Johnson) want to announce a new methodological book that I coedited, a book that is relevant to our discussion group.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want to discuss the book. We can discuss the book on our listserv or you can contact me offline at [log in to unmask]

Here are the chapter titles:

Introduction

Navigating A Turbulent Research Landscape: Working the Boundaries, Tensions, Diversity, and Contradictions of Mixed and Multimethods Inquiry
Sharlene Nagy Hesse-Biber

Part I: Linking Theory and Method in Multimethod and Mixed Methods Research

1. Qualitatively Driven Approaches to Multimethod and Mixed Methods Research
Sharlene Nagy Hesse-Biber, Deborah Rodriguez, and Nollaig A. Frost

2. Quantitatively Driven Approaches to Multimethod and Mixed Methods Research
Melvin M. Mark

3. Thinking Outside the “Q” Boxes: Further Motivating a Mixed Research Perspective
Lisa D. Pearce

4. Revisiting Mixed Methods and Advancing Scientific Practices
John W. Creswell

5. Feminist Approaches to Multimethod and Mixed Methods Research: Theory and Praxis
Sharlene Nagy Hesse-Biber and Amy J. Griffin

6. Transformative and Indigenous Frameworks for Mixed- and Multi-Method Research
Fiona Cram and Donna M. Mertens

7. Understanding and Emphasizing Difference and Intersectionality in Mixed and
Multi-method Research Olena Hankivsky and Daniel Grace

8. Interdisciplinary and Transdisciplinary MMR
Rick Szostak

9. Putting Ethics on the Mixed Methods Map
Judith Preissle, Rebecca M. Glover-Kudon, Elizabeth A. Rohan, Jennifer E. Boehm, Amy DeGroff

Part II: Conducting Exploratory,

Confirmatory, and Interactive MMR
10. Conducting Mixed-Methods Literature Reviews: Synthesizing the Evidence Needed to Develop and Implement Complex Social and Health Interventions
Jennifer Leeman, Corrine I. Voils, and Margarete Sandelowski

11. Designing Multimethod Research
Albert Hunter and John Brewer

12. Issues in Qualitatively Driven Mixed-
Method Designs: Walking through a Mixed Method Project
Janice M. Morse

13. Designing Integration in Mixed- and Multi-Method Research
Joseph Maxwell, Margaret Chmiel, and Sylvia E. Rogers

14. Validity in Mixed and Multimethod Research
Kathleen M. T. Collins

15. Data Analysis I: Overview of Data-Analysis Strategies
Julia Brannen and Rebecca O’Connell

16. Advanced Mixed Analysis Approaches
Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie and John H. Hitchcock

17. Writing Up Mixed and Multimethods Research for Diverse Audiences
Pat Bazeley

18. Funding for Mixed-Methods Research: Sources and Strategies
Jennifer P. Wisdom and Michael D. Fetters

19. Mentoring the Next Generation in Mixed Research
Rebecca K. Frels, Isadore Newman, and Carole Newman

Part III: Contextualizing MMR within and across Disciplines and Applied Settings

20. Mixed and Multimethod Research in the Fields of Education and Anthropology
Jori N. Hall and Judith Preissle

21. Evolving Mixed and Multimethod Approaches for Psychology
Nollaig A. Frost and Rachel L. Shaw

22. Participatory Mixed-Methods Research
Bradley D. Olson and Leonard A. Jason

23. Moving from Randomised Controlled Trials to Mixed Methods Intervention Evaluations
Sarah J. Drabble and Alicia O’Cathain

24. Mixed-Methods Evaluation
Donna M. Mertens and Michele Tarsilla

25. Applying Multiple and Mixed Methods to Prevention Research in Global Health
Stevan Weine

26. History and Emergent Practices of Mixed and Multiple Methods in Business Research
José F. Molina-Azorín and Roslyn A. Cameron

27. How Does Mixed-Methods Research Add Value to Our Understanding of Development?
Nicola A. Jones, Paola Pereznieto, and Elizabeth Presler-Marshall

Part IV: Incorporating New Technologies into Mixed and Multimethod Research

Chapter 28: Mixed-Methods and Multimodal Research and Internet Technologies
Christine M. Hine

29. Conducting Mixed and Multimethod Research Online
Janet E. Salmons

30. Emergent Technologies in Mixed and Multimethod Research: Incorporating Mobile Technologies
Leo Remijn, Nathalie Stembert, Ingrid Mulder, and Sunil Choenni

31. Emergent Technologies in Mixed and Multimethod Research: Incorporating GIS and CAQDAS
Jane L. Fielding and Nigel G. Fielding

Part V: Commentaries: Dialoguing about Future Directions of Mixed- and Multimethod Research

32. What Problem Are We Trying to Solve? Practical and Innovative Uses of MMR
Thomas A. Schwandt and Lauren Lichty

33. Mixed Methods and the Problems of Theory Building and Theory Testing in the Social Sciences
Udo Kelle

34. Preserving Distinctions within the MMR Merger
Jennifer C. Greene

35. Conundrums on Multimethod Research
Albert Hunter and John Brewer

36. It Depends: Possible Impacts of Moving the Field of Mixed Methods Research
Towards Best Practice Guidelines
Julianne Cheek

37. Feminism, Causation, and Mixed Methods Research
Sharon Crasnow

38. Causality, Generalizability, and the Future of Mixed Methods Research
Robert K. Yin

39. Mixed Methods: Dissonance and Values in Research with Marginalized Groups
Dawn Freshwater and Pamela Fisher

40. Harnessing Global Social Justice and Social Change with Multiple- and Mixed
Method Research
Fiona Cram

Conclusions

Toward an Inclusive and Defensible Multi and Mixed Science
R. Burke Johnson

Cheers,
Burke Johnson
Educational Research and Methodology Listserv ----------------------------------------------------------------- List Service Info http://listserv.uconn.edu To cancel your subscription address click please do the following: SEND an email to the following address: mailto (colon) listserv (at) listserv (dot) uconn (dot) edu Your email should contain only the message UNSUB EDRESMETH-L. Address problems with your subscription to: [log in to unmask] -----------------------------------------------------------------