Ha !  Thank you for spotlighting this issue.   Interesting reading for this surrogate parent as I sit at a therapeutic school waiting for a PPT to begin.
When Christine Spak hired me on as a surrogate the job description was clear: treat these children as I would my own. I have, I do and will continue to do so.
So here I sit, contract or not.  I suspect my colleagues are doing the same.
Eileen Jenetopulos

Sent from my "smart" phone