Welcome!

As part of our International Graduate & Exchange Student Orientation, we will hold a Resource Fair on Monday, August 24 from 9:00am – 12:00pm in the Student Union Ballroom.

While the fair is part of our orientation activities, returning students & scholars are also welcome to attend!

Don't miss this opportunity to find out about campus and community resources available to you as an international student at UConn!  All new international and exchange students are invited to come and gather information from campus and community organizations, businesses and services. Guests include cell phone companies, banks, campus services, student organizations, and other resources you will need to get settled into life at UConn. At the fair, our guests will have information tables set up where you can pick up written materials and ask questions about the services they offer.  Some tables will have giveaways and the chance to sign up for services on the spot. This is also a great time to mingle with other new students!

Participating organizations will include:

Asian American Cultural Center

AT & T

Athletics

Bursar

Center for Career Development

Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation

Chinese Student & Scholar Association

CISI (Cultural Insurance Services International)

Graduate Employee Union

Graduate School

Graduate Student Senate

HuskyQuest

HuskyTech

International Christian Fellowship

Korean Student Association

Library

Off-Campus Student Services

Payroll & Tax Unit

Peoples Bank

SAGE (Student Association of Graduate Engineers)

Storrs Center / Oaks on the Square

Student Activities

Student Health Services

UConn Soccer

University Writing Center

Verizon Wireless

WRTD

…and more!

And after the fair, be sure to come to our afternoon orientation sessions in the Student Union Theater beginning at 1:30pm. Sessions will include:

-          Public Safety with Officer Jason Hyland of the UConn Police Department

-          Academic Integrity & the Student Code with Ashley Vrabely of UConn Community Standards

-          Introduction to Student Health Services and Counseling & Mental Health Services with Tina McCarthy, Erin Cox and Tresca Smith

o   This session will conclude with audience questions

UConn Global Affairs
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800

EMAIL: international@uconn.edu
http://isss.uconn.edu

ISSS Summer Office Hours (5/12/2015-8/21/2015):

Monday-Friday  9:00am-12:00pm & 1:00-4:00pm EST (12:00-1:00pm EST closed)