Please share this information with your networks:

Part Time Attorney, Center for Children’s Advocacy Child Abuse Project

Position: Applications are being accepted for a part-time staff attorney (12-16 hours/week) for the Center’s Child Abuse Project. Responsibilities include handling a limited number of child abuse cases, and assisting in systemic and legislative advocacy on child welfare and other issues handled by the Center for Children’s Advocacy.

Qualifications: We are seeking an attorney who has demonstrated commitment to providing quality legal representation for children, and advocacy through public policy as well as traditional litigation. Knowledge of child welfare law is required and knowledge of education law is preferred. Applicant must be able to take initiative and work independently. Strong writing ability and a minimum of four years of related legal experience is required, including litigation experience. Connecticut Bar membership or ability to waive in is required.

Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience and within the general range of salaries for non-profit public interest legal organizations.

To Apply: We would like to fill this position quickly. Email cover letter and detailed resume to
Martha Stone, Executive Director.

http://www.kidscounsel.org/employment-opportunities/

The Center for Children’s Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer.