This letter is going out to the 2015 & 2016 4-H Fair Officer/Mentor Lists and the New Haven and Middlesex 4-H  Distribution Lists

Congratulations to the new 4-H members elected at last week/s meeting to plan and conduct the 2016 4-H Fair and the volunteers agreeing to serve as their mentors.  Every officer and volunteer should be sending in the note of commitment (we only have about half so far).  No electronic signatures, sign and pdf the form, mail it in or drop it of to either of our offices.

There is an opening for the Coordinator of Livestock Pulls as well as Coordinator of Grounds, so we will be holding a special election at Achievement Night on November 13th.  Anyone wishing to run should email either Peg or Emily to make your intentions knows. I have also attached the note of commitment to tis email.

 Don’t forget that ALL officers and fair advisors are expected to participate in the mandatory training.  It is being conducted on Sunday, November 22 from 2 to 5 at the church 9n Northford.  All officers and mentors must attend.

2015 Fair evaluations were handed out at the meeting on he 9th, but we still need a lot of input.  For the ink below and let us know your thoughts and ideas.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7JS3YLZ

We are looking for people to represent us at the CT's Association of Fairs meetings either November 14th and/or the 21st.  The fair will cover registration fees.  Please contact Peg or Emily before 10/27.  For information about the convention, go to: http://www.ctagfairs.org/events/2015/tri-state-fall-convention-2015

Tri-State Fall Convention 2015 - CTAgFairs.org
Connecticut , Massachusetts and Rhode Island are happy to announce the 2015 Joint Tri-state Convention & Trade Show to be held on November 13th & 14th, 2015.
Read more...

We are also looking for a club to step up to arrive early to assist with set-up for Achievement Night as well as a second club to stay and help with the final clean up.   We are trying to arrange the final location for the program and will have that information out to you in a day or two.

See you soon.  Peggy & Emily
UConn Extension Ties Research to Real Life
4-H is a community of young people across America who are learning leadership, citizenship & life skills.
Margaret H. Grillo (Peggy)
Cooperative Extension Educator 4-H Youth
University of Connecticut
UConn Extension
New Haven Extension Center
305 Skiff Street
North Haven, CT 06473
Ph (203) 407-3158, Fax (203) 407-3176
An Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider