                Yesterday I gave a talk at NEARC in Burlington expressing the hope that the ordinance we had written making our GIS the official zoning map might pass someday. Today I got to work to find out the ordinance has passed! - They couldn't bother to tell me while I was away! For anyone who cares here is a  link to our new Zoning Ordinance. The relevant language is in section 1.3 (page 9 of the 174 page document)

"C. The zoning districts in the GIS constitute the City of Newton's Official Zoning Map"

A.      and  B. are still compromise language we had to keep to appease those frightened of the changes.
 http://www.newtonma.gov/civicax/filebank/documents/69084

                Sometimes good things happen if you wait a long time - in this case 15 years!

When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.