I thought the discussion raised in the blog article below worth sharing. Many GIS professionals I have spoken to today feel threatened. Its now far easier to work with GIS and publish maps, so are we still valuable?

In the article we discuss re-framing the conversation. Focusing less on the output from a GIS: maps, and more on the wider value the technology and you as a GIS expert bring to your organization. Here is a link to the article, we would be very interested to hear your thoughts:

http://www.webmapsolutions.com/our-gis-emphasis-should-be-business-outcomes-not-maps

--Matt

ps. This post was written purely to encourage discussion on some of the challenges and opportunities we face within GIS.

Matt Sheehan | WebMapSolutions

Mobile: 801-733-0723 | Email: [log in to unmask]