From: Northeast Arc Users Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Sheehan
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: As a GIS Professional are you still valuable?

I thought the discussion raised in the blog article below worth sharing. Many GIS professionals I have spoken to today feel threatened. Its now far easier to work with GIS and publish maps, so are we still valuable?

In the article we discuss re-framing the conversation. Focusing less on the output from a GIS: maps, and more on the wider value the technology and you as a GIS expert bring to your organization. Here is a link to the article, we would be very interested to hear your thoughts:

http://www.webmapsolutions.com/our-gis-emphasis-should-be-business-outcomes-not-maps

--Matt

ps. This post was written purely to encourage discussion on some of the challenges and opportunities we face within GIS.

Matt Sheehan | WebMapSolutions

Mobile: 801-733-0723 | Email: [log in to unmask]

The information contained in this electronic message may be confidential and/or privileged.
If you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record of this
message. Please note that messages to or from the Town of Newington may be subject to
Freedom of Information statutes and regulations.