Hello Eric,

Depending on your resources you might want to look at OpenTreeMap which was built by a Philadelphia-based GIS firm called Azavea (they also consulted on the NYC Parks project that Liz Barry just linked to--it might even be the same software under the hood). They offer a cloud-based solution (monthly fee model) and they also have open sourced the full application code. If you have internal IT staff or the ability to contract out for the setup, you might be able to go that route.

Sasha