GIS experts,

I have a question!

I have a new database (in PostgreSQL) and I’d like to setup primary keys and foreign keys on my tables. We’re using ArcGIS, so I’ve “Enabled Enterprise Geodatabase” on it because a couple of our feature classes need to support versioned editing. The issue is, I feel like I’ve read in the past that you SHOULDN’T create foreign keys on tables that fit into the ArcSDE model. Is that true? Have any of you had success creating foreign keys / primary keys on tables that you then edited via versioning?

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

Robert Higgins
Manager, GIS