Dear international students and scholars,

Please note the following important announcements regarding the winter break and the Christmas and New Year's holidays:

*         ISSS will close Thursday, December 24th at 12:00pm and reopen on Monday, January 4th, at 8:30 am. Please plan accordingly. In the event of an emergency, please contact UConn police (911 for emergency services, or 860-486-4800).

*         If you have departed the U.S. and you are missing immigration documents for your return (for example, if you forgot or lost your Form I-20 or forgot a travel signature on your I-20), this is NOT an emergency for which you should contact UConn police. In this situation you need to fill out a travel signature request form and return it to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and request shipment of your I-20 via E-ship Global (see instructions below). If you are returning and you will not have time to receive your new I-20 you will most likely you will be allowed reentry to the United States, but you may be given extra scrutiny at immigration, or given temporary 30 day admission until you can supply copies of your immigration documents. If this happens, please notify ISSS by email and we will assist you on Monday, January 4, 2016.

*         Local businesses may be closed or have limited hours on Friday, December 25th and January 1st for the Christmas and New Year's holidays.  This includes grocery stores and restaurants. Please plan to have enough food on hand to get by on these two Fridays.

*         UConn Dining Hall holiday hours and meal sign up information:  - No Dining Hall on Friday 12/25/15 or 1/1/16
http://dining.uconn.edu/2015/11/17/winter-intersession-meal-plan-information/

UConn Retail and On-Campus Food Services (non-dining Hall) holiday schedule: http://dining.uconn.edu/2015/11/13/winter-break-retail-hours-of-operation/

*         - No retail/food services 12/25-12/27 or 01/01 -01/03.

*         The UConn International Christian Fellowship is hosting an event on Christmas Day for international students that you may be interested in attending.  Please see the attached email and follow up with [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information, if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you and have a wonderful holiday!

TRAVEL SIGNATURE REQUEST FORM
http://isss.uconn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/76/2014/10/ISSS_117_Travel_Advisory.pdf

SHIPPING INFORMATION
ISSS uses University Express Mail Service that allows you to receive your package through a shipping company.  You will need to arrange for shipping yourself using University Express Mail Service.  Please go to https://study.eshipglobal.com<https://study.eshipglobal.com/>  and create a student account.
After you log in as a student, go to "Receive Documents From Universities"
In the search box type "University of Connecticut"
Select "International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)"
Then verify your address, Select the shipping method, enter your payment information and we will get the shipping label and ship your I-20 to you right away.

You will need to enter your mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.  If you have additional questions about how to use this service please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Best,

___________
Arthur Galinat
Assistant Director
International Student & Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
GLOBAL AFFAIRS
2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855  |  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://isss.uconn.edu<http://isss.uconn.edu/>  | www.facebook.com/UConnISSS<http://www.facebook.com/UConnISSS> | Appointments: http://www.advapp.uconn.edu/ > ISSS

Chair, Region XI
NAFSA: Association of International Educators