The Center’s Medical Legal Partnership Project just completed their latest series of utility clinics designed to help families maintain electric and gas service. Families whose members included over one hundred children benefited from the generosity and expertise of pro bono volunteers and the services and supports of local agencies. The clinics took place in Bridgeport and Hartford and were a collaborative effort of the area hospitals – Bridgeport Hospital, Yale-New Haven Health System, St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center and Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (CCMC). Pro Bono volunteers included lawyers from Pullman & Comley LLC as coordinated by Attorney Karen Daley, the legal department of Aetna as spearheaded by Attorney Barbara Hennessy and students from the University of Connecticut School of Law and Yale Law School.  Community partners included Community Resource Team, Operation Fuel, Food Share, FAVOR, 211 INFOLINE, the Regional School Choice Office, the Special Kids Support Center of CCMC, ABCD of Bridgeport and Get Healthy Connecticut.  Food Share donated bags of food to our Hartford families and Panera of West Hartford generously donated refreshments.

Beyond providing access to local community services and supports, the goal of the clinic was to assist families in successfully maintaining their utility service.  The local utility companies – Eversource, Connecticut Natural Gas, United Illuminating and Southern Connecticut Gas were on site and offered participants the most affordable payment arrangements available.

Our next series of clinics will be held in the spring of 2016. If you want additional information about the clinics please contact my colleagues Jay Sicklick ([log in to unmask]), Alice Rosenthal ([log in to unmask]) or me.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday -

Bonnie

Bonnie B. Roswig

Senior Staff Attorney

Medical/Legal Partnership Project

Center for Children’s Advocacy

(860) 545-8581

**Connecticut Children's Confidentiality Notice**
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any attachments.