Hartford Courant
December 23, 2015

State misses deadline in school desegregation case

Attorneys for the plaintiffs in the landmark Sheff v. O'Neill case said Tuesday that they are frustrated with the state's failure to meet a court-ordered deadline last month for the provision of figures reflecting the progress of integration in Hartford schools. At a status conference Tuesday at Superior Court in Hartford, lawyers for the state and the plaintiffs met privately with
Judge Marshall K. Berger Jr.

When the parties emerged, Martha Stone, the lawyer for the plaintiffs, said that no agreements had been reached and the
compliance figures had not been released.

Read story<http://www.kidscounsel.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/courant-sheff-12-23-15.pdf>

CT Mirror
December 22, 2015

State drags feet on disclosing school desegregation data

State officials may have promised a judge in February that they would offer hundreds more students enrollment in desegregated environments this school year, but they're not releasing the data to show whether that has happened..."We came back to court today because of our frustration with the pace of things," said Martha Stone, an attorney representing the parents.

Read story<http://www.kidscounsel.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/CT-Mirror-sheff-12-15.pdf>