Please see the announcement below from the Center for the Study of Culture, Health, & Human Development looking for fluent Swedish speakers.  Please remember that any students holding J-1 visas must receive written work authorization from ISSS before starting any on-campus employment.
Best,

____________
Arthur Galinat
Assistant Director
International Student & Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
GLOBAL AFFAIRS
2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855  |  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://isss.uconn.edu<http://isss.uconn.edu/>  | www.facebook.com/UConnISSS<http://www.facebook.com/UConnISSS> | Appointments: http://www.advapp.uconn.edu/ > ISSS

Our research center here on the Storrs campus is much in need of a student fluent in Swedish to do some short-term work analyzing interviews that were already transcribed in that language. We will provide all relevant training. I've posted the job on studentjobs.uconn.edu, and its search # is 7368.

Caroline Johnston Mavridis, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor,
Department of Human Development & Family Studies and
Assistant Director,
Center for the Study of Culture, Health, & Human Development
University of Connecticut
348 Mansfield Road, U-2058
Storrs, CT 06269
Tel. 860-486-1595.
Fax 860-486-3452

7368

Employer

Human Development and Family Studies

Category

Research

Job Type

Storrs Campus

Job Description

The Center for the Study of Culture, Health, & Human Development, located in the Department of Human Development & Family Studies, is seeking a student (graduate or undergraduate) fluent in Swedish. The work will be 5-10 hours per week, for approximately 2-10 weeks (depending on how many hours can be put in each week). The main duties will be using a software program to code important themes in parenting and children's school readiness, in Swedish-language interviews. We will train you on the software. The wages will depend on level and experience.

Job Requirements

Fluency in Swedish, and enough time available early this semester to dedicate 2-10 weeks, at 5-10 hours per week.

Number of Current Openings

1

Hours

5.0 to 10.0 hours per week

Hourly Rate

$13.00/hour to $24.00/hour, Depends on experience.

Wage Notes from Employer

Funding Source

Storrs Student Labor, Storrs Work-Study

Time Frame