Dear Students (and Alumni working on post-completion OPT),

We were just notified yesterday that the judge hearing the government's case for the 17-month OPT STEM program has ruled that a final decision on the case will be delayed until May 10, 2016.  Our understanding is that this means students who are eligible and have not yet applied for STEM OPT, can apply until May. It also means that students who already have a work permit (EAD) based on STEM OPT and it is valid until at least May 10, 2016 and can continue working until that date or until a final decision is made.  As soon as we learn any additional information about the issue we will share this with you.  I hope that you are all having a great start to the spring 2016 term.

Best,

Arthur

____________

Arthur Galinat
Assistant Director

International Student & Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855  |  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://isss.uconn.edu<http://isss.uconn.edu/>  | www.facebook.com/UConnISSS<http://www.facebook.com/UConnISSS> | Appointments: http://www.advapp.uconn.edu/ > ISSS

Chair, Region XI

NAFSA: Association of International Educators
<tel:860-486-3855>