From: Unmoderated discussion list for Connecticut GIS Users <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Thad Dymkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 11:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CTGIS-L] incredibly cool geography display at Mystic Aquarium

Hello Friends and Colleagues,

I recently took a trip to the Mystic Aquarium, in Mystic, CT, with my kids, and came across this display that fascinated me and occupied my kids for almost half an hour (ok, I would have stayed longer myself, but they wanted to see some sort of fish or other- kids...). Anyway, it's called the Augmented Reality Sandbox- it is a sandbox that has interactive contour, slope, and hydrology mapping displayed on it. As you manipulate the sand into "mountains" and "valleys", the contour lines and slope representations change. It also allows you to make it rain, and see the water flow and collect. Here is a video from Youtube that shows it in action... incredibly geeky but incredibly cool!!! If you are in the vicinity of Mystic Aquarium, it is absolutely worth seeing! It's in the National Geographic display area outside of the 4-d experience. Check it out!!!

https://youtu.be/EETkn5_qrhM

Kind regards,

Thad

Thad Dymkowski, GISP
GIS Manager
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

PRIME3SG: the Technology division of PRIME AE Group, Inc.
55 Capital Blvd. | 2nd Floor | Rocky Hill, Connecticut 06067
P: 860 436 5600 | C: 860 657 6108 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Connecting. Creating. Conserving. Community.
www.prime3sg.com<http://www.prime3sg.com/>

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html

This list (CTGIS-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all CT GIS
Users.