Parcels joined with assessors CAMA DB would provide you with residential structures, but you would need to assemble this for your whole area of interest.  Back in 2010 the then CTDEP did a parcel project and think the CT land use code was included.  But the dataset was incomplete as some towns did not have parcel data.

You could forge a business relationship with a reverse phone contact organization like Everbridge.  They have access to contact information that you could geocode and assume a livable structure (if someone lives there).  Since folks have cell phones now, and have ditched their land lines, you may still have some work to do.

Scott

From: Northeast Arc Users Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jarlath P.M. O'Neil-Dunne
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Structure Locations with the Northeastern U.S. States

Vermont has a great E911 point database and then there are certain towns and counties in the region that have building footprint datasets, but I am almost certain that you would not be able to assemble a comprehensive dataset. I think you best bet is to use Census block group data, which gives you the # households in each block group.

Our lab develops algorithms that can automatically extract features such as buildings, from LiDAR data, but there is not complete LiDAR coverage for the Northeast nor would we be able to say if the buildings are habitable.
—
Jarlath O’Neil-Dunne
University of Vermont | Spatial Analysis Lab
Twitter: @jarlathond
Blog: http://letters-sal.blogspot.com/