From: Northeast Arc Users Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Smith, Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: VTrans seeks civic hacker intern

Hey New England mappers,

I’m looking for a passionate, empathetic person with solid technical skills to join the Vermont Agency of Transportation rail section this summer. Their primary duty will be to perform the annual railroad crossing inspection and write a report describing the result.

Once that’s completed, we’ll look around for an awesome project to improve VTrans. Based on our combined skills and resources, we’ll look at the agency’s internal and external customers and identify an existing system to upgrade, or we’ll build something brand new.

Do you think you have a technical skill that can make a difference for the citizens of Vermont? Then get in touch!

See the job posting for complete details and application instructions.

http://vtrans-rail.github.io/xing-insp-16/

If you know someone who would be a good fit, I’d be eternally grateful if you passed this along to them.

Thanks,

PS: If you’re seriously curious I highly recommend you reach out. Questions, comments, concerns, ideas, thoughts, fears – just reach out. I’ll get back to you, I promise.

Stephen Smith
GIS Project Supervisor

Policy, Planning, and Intermodal Development (PPAID) Division

Rail Section

Vermont Agency of Transportation,

1 National Life Drive, Montpelier, VT 05633