Thad,
I have used this before, even though I think its intent is for marking
things in the field.
APWA UTILITY COLOR CODESThe American Public Works Association (APWA)
recommends the following guidelines be used when marking underground
utilities.

*White = Proposed Excavation*
*Pink = Temporary Survey Markings*
*Red = Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit and Lighting Cables*
*Yellow = Gas, Oil, Steam, Petroleum or Gaseous Materials*
*Orange = Communication, Alarm or Signal Lines, Cables or Conduit*
*Blue = Potable Water*
*Purple = Reclaimed Water, Irrigation and Slurry Lines*

*Green = Sewer and Drain Lines*

Judy Colby-George
*Spatial Alternatives*
117 West Main St