I received a question, regarding the WMS (Web Mapping Services):

RGB:

    http://granitweb.sr.unh.edu:6080/arcgis/services/ImageServices/NH_2015_1ft_RGB/ImageServer/WMSServer

CIR:

    http://granitweb.sr.unh.edu:6080/arcgis/services/ImageServices/NH_2015_1ft_CIR/ImageServer/WMSServer

You can’t view the URLs with a web browser. You need to open a client application capable of displaying a WMS.

There are opensource clients available, but I used ArcGIS 10.3

1.       open the ArcCatalog window in ArcMap

2.       under “GIS Servers”, click “Add WMS server”

3.       paste the URL into the dialog, and click OK; no user or password is required

I also downloaded ZIP files of SID images for several townships, using this GRANIT FTP link:

ftp://ftp.granit.unh.edu/pub/GRANIT_Data/2015AerialPhotography_TownZipFiles

I unzipped all the SID files to one folder; added all the SID files to an unmanaged Raster Catalog, using ArcToolbox “create raster catalog” and “workspace to raster catalog”; and added that layer to ArcMap for viewing off-line.

Compared to the WMS, I found the compression ratio used to create the SID images degraded resolution slightly, when zoomed in at very small scales.

I found that SID images looked a little better when I changed the ArcMap default layer properties for Color Correction, and turned on Color Balancing, Dodging Balancing, Single Color.

However, to really see that 1-foot pixel resolution it may be worth acquiring the GeoTIFF images from GRANIT on a portable USB hard drive, if time and budget allow.