I was finally able to find a solution to my issue installing and running ArcGIS Desktop 10.4. I could get 10.4 to install but neither ArcMap or ArcCatalog would run. I got a generic “application will not start error”.

Well it appears that the root of my troubles was a beta version of ArcGIS Earth I had installed previously. The beta version appears to have corrupted some windows DLLs. Esri has an app you can download to fix it.  Here is the Esri support article on it - http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/46001.

I thought I would share this fix just in case someone else ran into this issue. I appreciate all the suggestions I received. Again this list is a great resource.

eGIS Associates, Inc.

[log in to unmask] | www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System Design Associate

Order my new book Learning ArcGIS Pro now!

B04578_MockupCover_Normal_