Apologize for any cross posting.  Emily (Wilson) put a ton of work into what I think is a great story, and I selfishly want to promote the data behind it.

Last Fall as part of CT Sea Grant development grant I finished rectifying and tying together a set of the 1934 aerial photos covering the CT shoreline.  I had previously rectified a portion of the coast as part of a CT DEEP shoreline change project, and others at the expense of a social life (couldn’t stop).  Emily saw the result and launched the idea of a story map.

Here’s her work - “Connecticut’s Coast:  Then and Now” -  http://s.uconn.edu/coast1934

For GIS users the 1934 image mosaic is provided as an ArcGIS service layer:

http://clear3.uconn.edu/arcgis/rest/services/Aerials/CTCoast1934/ImageServer

For those without GIS you can interactively view the layer directly with this swipe tool:

http://s.uconn.edu/ctshore34

Questions?  No!

O.k., I’ll respond to emails, and dry methods documentation here (http://clear.uconn.edu/research/coast1934/methods.htm ).

Enjoy!