We are currently seeking a GIS Analyst for our office in Latham, NY. Please forward to anybody interested.

GIS Analyst

Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector — cities, counties, states and school districts. We have partnerships with more than 14,000 clients throughout the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and other international locations. Forbes has named Tyler one of "America's Best Small Companies" eight times and the company has been included four times on the Barron's 400 Index, a measure of the most promising companies in America. Our conveniently located Latham office is home to the Transportation Solutions (formerly Versatrans) product line where we create and maintain software solutions to manage student transportation needs. Our office atmosphere is comfortable, dynamic, and collaborative. Join us and be part of our continued success story!

In this role, you will make recommendations on improving the GIS implementation process using current ESRI technology, perform quality check on GIS data prior to go live, be the main point of contact with development on process improvements, work with and deploy Tyler's Transportation Management software in the hosting center.

Location

Latham, New York

Responsibilities

·         Develop and maintain a process for implementing GIS needs of Tyler's Transportation Management software.

·         Perform detailed spatial analysis to evaluate and enhance client GIS data.

·         Responsible for creating high quality GIS map data for use in client applications.

·         Responsible for maintaining ArcGIS Network Datasets to support routing applications.

·         Interact with support staff for technical support in troubleshooting client issues.

Qualifications

·         Bachelor's degree in Geography/GIS/Cartography or an equivalent field preferred

·         3+ years' related experience desirable.

·         Proficiency in using the latest ESRI ArcGIS suite of products

·         Preferred experience in scripting languages such as Python and SQL.

·         Working knowledge of Network Analyst extension desirable.

·         An understanding of relational databases, preferably SQL Server

·         GIS certifications such as GISP desirable.

·         Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.

·         Excellent time management, decision making, problem solving skills

·         A positive disposition and ability to take the initiative

Tyler employees enjoy an impressive compensation and benefits package including a complimentary on-site fitness center, medical/dental/vision insurance (with a substantial company premium contribution), 401(k) match, annual bonus incentives, employee stock purchase plan, generous time off program (including 3 weeks per year vacation time to start), flexible spending accounts, company paid short and long term disability insurances, life insurance, and more.

To Apply

Apply Online

Kosta Bidoshi Ph.D.
R&D GIS Engineer