Loken, a Maine-based application development consulting firm, has a new job opening.  To apply, send resume to [log in to unmask].

Job description:

Loken is currently looking for an application developer to join our team.  Qualified candidates will have strong communication skills and a passion for developing applications that are intuitive for users and that solve real business problems for their clients. The following are several technologies and frameworks which are frequently utilized at Loken.  While experience in all of these is not necessary for candidacy, a strong background in one or several is preferable:

            JavaScript

            AngularJS (or other modern JavaScript frameworks, there are many)

jQuery

Java Spring

            Groovy/Grails

Cold Fusion

ASP.NET MVC

ASP.NET WebAPI

            Ruby on Rails

            PostgreSQL (or other relational database system)

In addition, experience in the area of Geographic Information Systems, particularly ESRI’s ArcGIS platform, would be a plus, as several of our current projects involve GIS in some form.

Loken has offices in Bucksport and Lincolnville.  This position would be remote/telecommuting at least part time, with a potential for some time in the Bucksport office, depending on candidate location, project requirements and personal preference.  Please do not let location factors prevent your applying if you are otherwise interested in the position!