Hi Weigang,

    You are right. You cant change the transmission range from the TCL file because it is set to a default value in the underwaterpropagation.cc. You will find the following command in the beginning of underwaterchannel.cc.

double UnderwaterChannel::distCST_ =1150.0;

It need not be 1150 in your version of Aqua-Sim, still the value given here is  the transmission range used.
So, if you want to change the transmission range, change it in underwaterchannel.cc.
Please dont forget to compile it once you have modified the .cc file (make clean, make, make install).

Hope your problem is solved.

Regarding the noise parameters in underwaterpropagation.cc, this module just implements the Thorp's propagation model, noise does not come into picture in it.

Regards,
Jalaja M J
Research Scholar, NIT Calicut, India