Dear International Students and Scholars,

We are pleased to announce that ISSS will begin to offer “walk-in” advising services to the international student and scholar population effective Tuesday, July 5th. During walk-in advising times, you can meet with an ISSS advisor to discuss routine questions you may have for ISSS, without having an appointment. Advisors can allot around 20 minutes, which is sufficient time to discuss most ISSS matters. ISSS will not process any benefit requests during walk-in advising hours (e.g. travel signatures, CPT applications, OPT applications). Please continue to submit all applications to the ISSS front desk, or by emailing the request to [log in to unmask] if you are unable to visit the Storrs campus.

“Walk-ins” can visit ISSS during the following times to meet with an ISSS advisor:

Monday – 1 pm to 3:30 pm

Tuesday – 9 am to 11:30 am

Wednesday – 9 am to 11:30 am

Thursday – 9 am to 11:30 am

Friday – 1 pm to 3:30 pm

Moving forward, students and scholars should plan to meet with advisors during walk-in advising times, which is a change from the appointment system that has been in place. However, if you have a more complicated situation to discuss with an ISSS advisor that you expect could take longer, we suggest that you email an international advisor to set up an appointment. Please see the contact list below to see who you should email based on your academic program or visa type, and please include in your email the topic that you need to discuss:

All Undergraduate Students at Storrs campus: Arthur Galinat, [log in to unmask]

All Exchange Students: Maximilian Kort, [log in to unmask]

All Regional Campus Students: Nadine Boudissa, [log in to unmask]

All Visiting Scholars: Rae Alexander, [log in to unmask]

All UCAELI Students: Jennifer King, [log in to unmask]

All Sponsored Students (Fulbright, LASPAU, USAID, etc.): Arthur Galinat, [log in to unmask]

Graduate Students:

School of Business: Nadine Boudissa, [log in to unmask]

CANHR, School of Fine Arts, Nursing: Maximilian Kort, [log in to unmask]

CLAS, NEAG School of Education: Neena Kapoor, [log in to unmask]

Engineering: Maximilian Kort, [log in to unmask] or Neena Kapoor, [log in to unmask]

Pharmacy: Arthur Galinat, [log in to unmask]

We hope that this system will better serve our international students and scholars. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Rae Alexander
Director

International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083