From: KidsCounsel ListServ [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn Meyer
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [KIDSCOUNSEL-L] NPR: Why Preschool Suspensions Still Happen (And How To Stop Them)

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/06/20/482472535/why-preschool-suspensions-still-happen-and-how-to-stop-them?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160620

This article ties together two of our seminar topics in the past year: Suspending Our Students: New CT Law and Schools’ Responsibilities (concerning Public Act 15-96 which bans suspensions in preK through grade 2, with one exception) and the impact of Implicit Bias (Confronting and Countering Implicit Bias) on those discipline decisions.

Contact Kathryn Meyer ([log in to unmask]) or Leon Smith ([log in to unmask]), if you’d like to learn more.

Kathryn Scheinberg Meyer, Esq.
Director, SpeakUp Initiatives

logo

211 State Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604  (203)335-0719

2074 Park Street, Hartford, CT 06105   (860)570-5327