From: KidsCounsel ListServ [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Celentano
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2016 11:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [KIDSCOUNSEL-L] Pregnant minor

Hello all,
Wondering if a hospital automatically does a referral to DCF when a minor has a child? The minor child is 15 and will turn 16 next month. She is due sometime in October. I have had several cases involving pregnant minors and the referrals were from the hospital. I wanted to find out whether there is a mandatory Referral from the hospital or is it discretionary? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Jennifer

Sent from my iPhone