From: Northeast Arc Users Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of MARGARET Watters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 9:36 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: terrestrial LiDAR to GIS layer

I am looking for some information on bringing terrestrial LiDAR into GIS.

The contractor delivered the point cloud (with free Pointools for viewing the point cloud) and CAD files including interpreted features.

I am not familiar with CAD, but am able to open the CAD data in GIS.  I do not however have a legible attribute table I can open and use in my work.  The contractor does not use GIS and their standard deliverable is CAD.

How can I communicate with my contractor to enable an easy transition from their deliverable to my GIS needs?

Ideally, the contractor will deliver the point cloud (for data curation) with a viewer and GIS compatible layers including attribute information (that will potentially include polygon, line, point, and DEM/TIN surfaces (for example, bare earth).

Thank you in advance to folks for giving this some thought.

Meg

Meg Watters Wilkes, PhD
Visual Environment Solutions, LLC
President