From: Rhode Island Geographic Information System List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer West
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Coastal Inundation Mapping Workshop, August 17-18, Groton, CT

Hi all-

I heard that there’s a waiting list for the CT course. Just wanted to let you all know that I’m happy to host the course here in RI if there’s enough interest.
The Narragansett Bay Research Reserve is part of the National Estarine Research Reserve System (NERRS) which is part of NOOA’s Office for Coastal Management. As a training program coordinator I have hosted several Digital Coast workshops, including Intro to Coastal GIS which was excellent. If there’s enough interest to hold the Coastal Inundation Mapping course in RI I can put in a request (I miagine there’s probably plenty of interest to at least meet the minimum of 12 participants). I can offer it at very low cost- $30 max.

I’m just not sure of the timing at this point. They may be able to fit us in this fall; otherwise it would probably be early next year. Please let me know if this interests you.

Thanks-

Jen
Jennifer West
Coastal Training Program Coordinator