Good morning, everyone!

At the May 20th CT GIS User to User Network quarterly meeting at Central Connecticut State University, President Mark Goetz outlined the U2U Network’s new role to serve as an advisor to the Connecticut Office of Policy and Management (OPM) for statewide GIS matters.  This new advisory capacity was initiated through a letter sent to the U2U Network by OPM, as described in Steve Birney’s 5/13/2016 email to the CTGIS Listserv.

In an effort to accommodate this expanded role as an advisor of statewide GIS matters, the U2U Network Steering Committee recently created a “Standards Committee,” one of three new committees established through recent organizational changes.  The Standards Committee will develop and recommend a statewide address point data standard, and will also update the former GIS Council’s cadastral data standard.  U2U members in attendance on May 20th expressed significant interest in participating on the Standards Committee, and we had excellent kick-off discussion regarding first-steps and priority issues.

At this time, I am looking to officially assemble the Standards Committee with volunteers from the U2U Network.  If you are interested in serving on the Standards Committee, please complete this short form (http://goo.gl/forms/GVK85xPEnDs7yJ4G3) as soon as you are able.  In a couple weeks, I will be in touch with everyone who completed the form.

Thanks to all who are willing to volunteer their time to this effort!

Eric Lindquist

CT OPM

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html