The GIS Certification Institute (GISCI) as set the next testing window for the GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge Exam®. This is the exam for the GISP Certification. The next exam window has been scheduled for December 3-10.

The Exam application form and testing center locations are now available on the GISCI web site (https://www.gisci.org). In addition, you can apply to take the exam via the new Exam Application portal which has been recently added to the GISCI website as part of the Application portal. You can apply to take the exam even if you have not completed the portfolio application or have the minimum 4 years’ experience required to earn the certification. Upon passing the exam, you will have 6 years to meet the remainder of the portfolio and experience requirements. More information about the exam is provided below:

·         Application Period: North American applications close Nov 15, 2016; International Applications close Oct 15, 2016

·         Worldwide Exam Dates: December 3-10, 2016

·         Locations: PSI Worldwide Testing Centers

·         Procedure:

o   Apply directly with GISCI; Online form available at https://www.gisci.org;

§  Create a new account or use your existing log in

o   Receive authorization # after payment to allow direct registration with PSI

o   Schedule a specific exam date and location with PSI, our worldwide test provider, at https://candidate.psiexams.com/

Want to learn more about the exam? I encourage you to attend the URISA GISP Exam Prep half day workshop at the GIS Pro conference in Toronto Canada this Oct 31 – Nov 3. This half day workshop will help you can a better understanding of some of the topic areas covered by the exam and provide some tips and tricks to passing certification exams.

Can’t make it to GIS Pro, you may want to register for my free webinar, Certification Exam Tips and Tricks. It will be held on November 29th at Noon Eastern. Click here to register for the webinar.

eGIS Associates, Inc.

[log in to unmask] | www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System Design Associate

Order my new book Learning ArcGIS Pro now!

B04578_MockupCover_Normal_

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html