From: Nicholas McNamara
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Geocoding Results Successful, but Some Point Symbols Not Showing

Good afternoon. I have a geocoding question that hopefully some of you can explain…

I have some points in a feature class (successful geocoding results) that have no symbol on the map. You can zoom to them and there are table records for them that I can select, but there is no symbol. Also, the points are not in the right place, so I’m not sure if you are really zooming to them. Other points were successfully geocoded and do have symbols on the map. There was no indication of any error or anything.

Can anyone tell me what happened? Is there a way to avoid this happening in the future? And how do I fix these offending points? How do I move points from “nowhere” to somewhere? I can manually move these as I find them, but I don’t know how to move something that I can’t select on the map in the first place.

Thanks,

Nicholas A. McNamara, GISP

GIS Coordinator

South Norwalk Electric and Water