Hi all

I have a quick question and was hoping one of you may  know the answer.

We have a significantly complex special needs infant in our practice who
lives in a family with multiple children.  (7 people in family total).  He
(as well as the family) desperately needs private duty nursing but it is an
excluded benefit on the private insurance for both parents' insurance.  His
care is quite overwhelming and feel that they are not giving the best care
to all the other children including his twin brother.

Mom wondered if it is possible to make the maternal grandmother the guardian
and since she is over 65, the child could receive Medicaid.  (yes, he is on
the list for Katie Beckett but that will take a while.

Jan Hebert RN

Jan Hebert RN

Nurse Care Coordinator

Litchfield County Pediatrics