Dear All,

on behalf of the organizers of the probability and analysis seminar (Vasileios and me), I would like to invite everybody to the seminar today. The details are below.

Oleksii.

A dyadic RBMO space and pointwise domination of nonhomogeneous Calderon-Zygmund operators
Jose Conde (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona)
Friday, October 7, 2016 1:30 pm
MONT 414

We revisit basic nonhomogeneous Calderon-Zygmund theory from the point of view of martingales. Given a measure ?? of polynomial growth on ?dRd, we refine a deep result by David and Mattila to construct an atomic martingale filtration of supp(?)supp? which provides the right framework for a dyadic form of nondoubling harmonic analysis. Our dyadic formulation is effective to address some basic questions:

(i) A dyadic form of the `right' BMO space for non doubling measures, RBMO.

(ii) Lerner's domination of Calderon-Zygmund operators by dyadic operators.

(iii) A dyadic Calderon-Zygmund decomposition suitable for the study of both Calderon-Zygmund operators and Haar shifts.

If there is enough time, we will explain how the formulation of our results in terms of martingales leads to a natural generalization to matrix valued functions.

Based on joint work with Javier Parcet.

<http://www.math.uconn.edu/%7Echousionis/>