Good Afternoon-

I'm trying gather some info on compatibility issues concerning use of MrSID Generation 4 imagery with (likely older) software and systems.  The benefit of being able to use 4-bands in Gen 4 is pretty clear but I'd like to know of any experiences with incompatibility.  From what I can tell Gen 4 has been around since at least 2011 and is supported in ArcMap 10.2 and above.

Are these statements correct?  CAD and server software compatibility is of interest as well.  Any info on experiences with this would be appreciated.  Below is a link to an explanation of file differences from Lizardtech's site.

https://www.lizardtech.com/kba/what-are-the-differences-among-mg2-mg3-mg4-and-jpeg-2000-formats

Thanks!

-Erik

Erik D. Snowden