Thank you all for your replies.

I like the idea of buffering the line to a greater width than needed and then using the poly to clip out the excess. My issues is that the road_poly is not broken up by street segments, but rather, an illogical combination of large groupings of streets with one area.

Ultimately, the work around of individually digitizing these segments may be the easiest, but moving forward I will certainly use these ideas, if I have a polygon that would work to clip against.

I love this community. Thank you so much.

Jay