Hello Everyone (apologies for cross-postings!),

Last Spring, at the VT Geospatial Forum, we had a couple of general sessions on this topic. A lively discussion and sharing of ideas and experiences led me to the conclusion that perhaps we could also include this topic in our webinar lineup this winter!

I am hoping to do 3 webinars within this general topic:

GIS career tips for young professionals

Certifications – which ones and why?

Vermont’s new GIS career ladder – this one is tentatively planned for some time in February

I would love to have a panel of presenters for each of the other topics  - so this is your opportunity to speak up and volunteer!

Are you an employer with a lot of experience hiring recent students or new/young professionals?

Are you an academic preparing students and new/young professionals for real jobs?

Are you a new/young professional with recent experience navigating the job application process?

Do you have a variety of certifications and opinions about which are helpful or well-regarded?

I would like to offer these in January, February, or March, so please let me know if you are interested in being a presenter (it is convenient and easy – you just need a computer in a quiet room for an hour or so), or if you would like to suggest someone else as a presenter.

Check out the notes from the general session and unconference on this topic posted at our event archive page: http://vcgi.vermont.gov/events/archive#rt

Thanks!

Leslie

Please Note New Email : [log in to unmask]

Leslie Pelch, GISP, PMP | Outreach Coordinator

Vermont Center for Geographic Information
1 National Life Dr, Davis Bldg, 6th Floor|Montpelier, VT 05620-0501
802-882-3002
vcgi.vermont.gov

{notsecure}

Connect with us via Facebook, Twitter (@VCGI), Linked In, and our Wordpress Blog