Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate area under a transect line.  We
have these cross-sections of the Delaware River derived from bathymetric
surveys.  We are trying to figure out how to calculate the AREA beneath
each line.  I had tried the 3D Analyst tools calculating the volume under a
manually-created surface, but that did not give us the results we were
looking for.  I have tried searching the Help pages and online forums, but
no one seems to have a similar issue.  It seems like it should be a
relatively simple solution, but we just aren't seeing it.  I am wondering
if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as what tools are
available to run this particular calculation.

Thank you, and apologies for multiple postings.

Phil Pierdomenico

[image: Inline image 1]

This list (CTGIS-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all CT GIS
Users.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove
yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html