Check and verify your firewall rules if you have any.

From: Unmoderated discussion list for Connecticut GIS Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicholas McNamara
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 2:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CTGIS-L] ArcGIS Websites with HTTPS

I am trying to open some websites I have created with Web App Builder Dev edition and I put them on a new webserver in a DMZ. We have our SSL certificates enabled and port 443 is open on our firewall. ArcGIS Server, Portal, 2 web adaptors and SQL Server are installed on one machine within the domain. IIS alone is on the web server.

I can access the sites from within machines on the domain in the intranet, but I cannot access them from outside the network (publicly).  Esri tech support is not helping. There has to be something else required for this that they aren’t telling me and is not obviously documented.

Does anyone have any experience with this that may be able to help? I’ve been banging my head against a wall since Tuesday.

I’m also wondering how to do the authentication since Windows authentication is only for the intranet, anonymous authentication is obviously insane, and basic authentication is weak as well. How are you guys doing that?

Thanks,

Nicholas A. McNamara, GISP

GIS Coordinator

South Norwalk Electric and Water