Dear International Students and Scholars,

1)      USCIS Filing Fees increase today. If you are applying for OPT or STEM OPT Extension (Form I-765), a Change of Status or Reinstatement (Form I-539) or any other application submitted through USCIS, you must submit payment based on the new filing fee. New filing fee amounts can be found here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

2)      Temporary Protected Status for eligible citizens of Nepal has been extended through June 24, 2018. To maintain this benefit, people who already have TPS must re-register between October 26, 2016 and December 27, 2016. For more information see https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/temporary-protected-status/temporary-protected-status-designated-country-nepal

3)      Students who will be in Storrs during Winter Break: Dining Services Retail Hours of Operations can be found here: http://dining.uconn.edu/2016/11/29/winter-break-retail-hours-of-operation/ . South Dining Unit will be the only residential dining hall open during the break. For dates, hours and winter break meal plan information, see: http://dining.uconn.edu/winter-break-meal-plan-information/

ISSS will close at 12 noon today and reopen on January 3rd, so please plan accordingly! We will occasionally check voice mail and email submitted to [log in to unmask] during the break period, but will not respond until January 3rd, except in the event of an emergency.

Have a wonderful break and safe travels!

International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
http://isss.uconn.edu
www.facebook.com/UConnISSS | ISSS Walk-In Advising:
MON: 1  - 3:30 pm TUES: 9 - 11:30 am WED: 9  - 11:30 am THURS: 9  - 11:30 am FRI: 1  - 3:30 pm