Jana, glad you mentioned walls! I remember we briefly chatted on the NEARC
list about this a couple years ago. Since then we've been busy digitizing
walls and other historic land use features from the LiDAR data. Will Ouimet
(in the NPR article) and I just recently published a paper looking at walls
(digitized from LiDAR), their spatial distribution, and other properties in
a few towns in NW CT. If anyone is interested it can be accessed here
(happy to share my personal copy of the PDF if you can't access it):

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213305416300522

Would also love to see if anyone else has digitized wall datasets?

All the best,
Kate