ISSS Social Security Services Day, Wednesday, 1 – 3 pm -- ISSS WALK IN ADVISING HOURS ARE CANCELLED TODAY

Location: Storrs campus, ISSS, Brien McMahon Hall Room 185

The Social Security Administration visits ISSS today, to take applications for Social Security Numbers from students who have employment, students who need denial letters for the CT DMV, and from visiting scholars. You may come any time between 1 and 3 pm. If you have an on-campus job (including Graduate Assistantships) you must apply for a Social Security Number.  Due to this event, ISSS will not hold walk-in advising hours. We will resume walk-in advising hours on Thursday afternoon.

New students must have already checked-in with ISSS before applying. If you are applying for an SSN because you have a job, you must bring the following to Services Day:

1) a photocopy of your job or graduate assistantship offer letter

2) your most current Form I-20/DS-2019 – original and 1 photocopy

3) a print out of your electronic I-94 (print from www.cpb.gov)

4) your passport, with 1 photocopy each of the ID page of your passport, and the page with your U.S. visa stamp and

5) Students only: a Full Time Enrollment verification certificate, which can be obtained from the UConn Registrar. .

SSA will also take applications for students who require SSN denial letters for the purpose of applying for a CT Driver’s License or State ID. If you do not have a job, but need a denial letter to bring to the DMV, you must also have checked in, and bring all of the above documents except for the job offer/letter.

If you are a J-1 visiting scholar (here for research or teaching) you must bring all of the above documents, except for the job offer letter and enrollment verification.

Regional campus students can apply for the SSN at their local SSA office following the instructions on the ISSS website: http://isss.uconn.edu/social-security-itin/social-security-itin/

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you today!

Rae Alexander
Director

International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
http://isss.uconn.edu
www.facebook.com/UConnISSS | ISSS Walk-In Advising:
MON: 1  - 3:30 pm TUES: 9 - 11:30 am WED: 9  - 11:30 am THURS: 9  - 11:30 am FRI: 1  - 3:30 pm