I know this is a little bit out of the normal area for this group but am posting just in case someone was interested.

https://mbakerintl.taleo.net/careersection/mb_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=23780&src=JB-10100

Job Description - GIT Technical Manager (170234)

Job Description

GIT Technical Manager - (170234)

Job Type

: Full-Time Exempt

Primary Location

: US-PA-Harrisburg

Description

Position Title: GIT Technical Manager
Job Type: Full-Time Exempt
Primary Location: US-PA-Harrisburg

Description

Who is Michal Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.

Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.

So what does a GIT Technical Manager at Michael Baker International do?

As part of our Survey and Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) Team, the GIT Technical Manager will support the Director of Survey and GIT Services in leading local and regional business development, functional resource management and project execution in the Harrisburg metropolitan area. This individual will be a growth-oriented professional with a diverse background providing survey and GIT related services to the public and private sector, including mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), unmanned aerial systems (UAS), enterprise system design, needs assessments, business process analysis, strategic planning, data analysis and integration, database management, application development, website integration and systems performance tuning.

Can you walk me through a typical day of a GIT Technical Manager?

Under limited supervision, ensures revenue flow and strategic growth by maintaining existing client relationships, generating additional business opportunities with existing clients, and generating and developing new business relationships. On a typical day, the GIT Technical Manager with make outbound follow up contact to potential and existing customers to qualify leads, sell products and services and negotiate contracts. Responsibilities include the preparation of project proposals, technical scope of work and cost estimate development, documentation of project requirements and development of Enterprise GIS Concept of Operations (ConOps) documents, Strategic Plans and Implementation Plans. As necessary, the GIT Technical Manager will directly supervise 5-10 employees in various technical or professional positions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Consults with client or management on specific areas of technical expertise to define need or problem, conducts studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyzes data to advise on or recommend solutions.

What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?

  • We provide our employees with a clearly defined but customizable career path that empowers them to determine their success.
  • We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement.
  • A GIT Technical Manager will typically progress into a senior leadership role. There are also many opportunities to advance or move laterally into other areas of interest within the business.

    Could you be the GIT Technical Manager we are looking for?

  • Bachelor’s Degree in GIS related field, such as geography or computer science. PMP and/or GISP preferred.
  • 10-15 years related experience
  • Proficient in the use of MS Office 2010 (particularly MS Word and MS Excel). Thorough understanding of current capabilities and trends in GIS technology, including the full range of ESRI products and other leading commercial GIS platforms.
  • Experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, FME, Oracle or SQL Server and custom application code development (C# and .NET) preferred.
  • Transportation related industry experience is a plus.