Analysis and Probability Seminar
Transition probabilities for degenerate diffusions arising in population genetics
Camelia Pop (University of Minnesota)
Friday, April 7, 2017 1:30 pm
MONT 226 (Storrs)

We provide a detailed description of the structure of the transition probabilities and of the hitting distributions of boundary components of a manifold with corners for a degenerate strong Markov process arising in population genetics. The Markov processes that we study are a generalization of the classical Wright-Fisher process. The main ingredients in our proofs are based on the analysis of the regularity properties of solutions to a forward Kolmogorov equation defined on a compact manifold with corners, which is degenerate in the sense that it is not strictly elliptic and the coefficients of the first order drift term have mild logarithmic singularities.