May I share this with my fellow surrogate parents?  Not all are attorneys

Eileen Jenetopulos

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2017, at 11:48 AM, Bonnie Berk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Behalf Of Sarah Eagan, Child Advocate

In 2014, following a series of student suicides, Stamford Public Schools began looking at ways they could better support students' behavioral health and well being.

They contacted the Child Health and Development Institute of Connecticut (CHDI) to help review the district's strengths and areas of concern and began building a trauma-informed model for school mental health that is resulting in better outcomes for students.

This Issue Brief explores the process, strategies and lessons learned by Stamford Public Schools which can help guide other districts seeking to improve their mental health services and supports.

See the issue brief, Addressing Students' Mental Health Needs: Stamford Public Schools' Comprehensive Trauma-Informed System, here: http://www.chdi.org/publications/issue-briefs/issue-brief-55-addressing-students-mental-health-needs-stamford?utm_source=Issue+Brief+55+Stamford+Schools&utm_campaign=IB+55+Stamford+General+Interest&utm_medium=email

A printable version is attached to this message.

<IB55.StamfordFINAL2.pdf>