Welcome new students, and we hope that your first days of class have been exciting! Please see these important reminders for all new students who start their programs in Fall 2017:

1.                   Complete ISSS Check In

You must complete the ISSS Check In online as soon as possible after arriving in the United States. If you have not already done so, complete your online check-in here: ISSS Online Check In. Failure to check in can result in a cancellation of your SEVIS record and Form I-20/DS-2019. If you have decided not to attend UConn, please notify ISSS as soon as possible. Email [log in to unmask]           If you need assistance checking in, visit the ISSS offices in Storrs, Hartford or Stamford.   The ISSS office in Storrs has scanners available for your use in our computer lab.

2.                   Register/attend courses on a full time basis

Bachelor’s – 12 credits minimum

Master’s/PhD – 9 credit minimum, or 6 credits with a Graduate Assistantship

LLM/Law School Exchange Students – 9 credit minimum

JD – 12 credit minimum

UCAELI: 22 course hours/week

Exchange/Non Degree: 12 credits, if enrolled in undergraduate courses, 9 credits if enrolled in graduate courses.

3.                   New Bachelor’s Degree Students only (not exchange students)

Remember that you must complete Part 1 of the Alcohol.edu online training no later than September 1! Complete this training online here.  If you do not complete Part 1 of the training by September 1st, you will receive a registration hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in courses next semester.

Rae Alexander
Director

International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
http://isss.uconn.edu
www.facebook.com/UConnISSS
ISSS Walk-In Advising:
MON - FRI: 1:00  - 3:30 pm

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1